Welcome to the Skyblivion Press page. If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format, let us know and we’ll make it available.
We aim to bring The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to a new generation of gamers and re-introduce it to long-time fans of the series.
Skyblivion is the ultimate fan-made experience for the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, bringing the game into the newer engine of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This process combines Oblivion’s impressive award-winning open-world that is renowned for its incredible gameplay, memorable quests, and expansive world space with the advancements in gaming that have been made in the last two decades. Set in the Elder Scroll’s Third Era, during the cataclysmic Oblivion Crisis, you must help to restore the Imperial throne and repel the demonic Daedric invasion.
Skyblivion will feature the remastered entirety of Oblivion’s mainland, Cyrodiil, from the wintery slopes of the Valus and Jerall Mountains to the swamps of Blackwood and warm-beachy shores of the Gold Coast. Skyblivion will bring the return of many classic Oblivion mechanics like spell crafting, a complete class and attributes system, underwater combat, and NPC disposition.
In addition to recreating Oblivion’s systems and porting them into the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s engine the project has taken great care in providing new improvements and additions. Skyblivion offers fans remastered graphics, weather, and lighting, an expanded soundtrack, new gameplay mechanics, and even a limited selection of bespoke minor quests with original voice acting to further flesh out barren areas of Oblivion—all for free!
Once Skyblivion is released in 2025, fans will have access to the entirety of Oblivion’s pre-DLC world space, systems, and quests available for play. But that’s not the end of the project! Following a period of bug-fixing and community-supported updates the project development team will move on to working on Oblivion’s nine additional content releases plus the Shivering Isles expansion.
With Skyblivion you experience the best of both worlds: The complex and detailed RPG experience of Oblivion paired with Skyrim’s newer systems, graphics, and quality of life improvements. Will you close shut the jaws of Oblivion once more in 2025?
- The entirety of the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion’s world space lovingly remastered and updated for a new generation of gamers and long-time fans alike.
- Classic systems and features such as spell crafting, class and attributes, underwater combat, lockpicking, and NPC disposition implemented into the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s engine.
- Reimagined and improved cities, homes, caves, dungeons, and forts across Cyrodiil with new and improved layouts and encounters.
- Over 223 quests reintegrate for play throughout Cyrodiil. Plus, two new fully voice-acted minor quests to further flesh out the world.
- Every armor, weapon, interactable, and clutter item from Oblivion remastered and updated true to Elder Scrolls lore.
- A collection of beautifully crafted assets and textures for use in the Creation Kit.
- 7 new region-specific pieces of soundtrack to complement Oblivion’s original soundtrack.
- New creatures and monsters implemented into Oblivion featuring lore-friendly additions from other Elder Scrolls entries.
- A highly detailed paper map in line with Oblivion’s original map screen paired with a new inventory visual system to match the original game’s aesthetic.
- A gorgeous collection of new loading screens, class cards, and attribute art to complement the game’s improved visuals throughout your gameplay.